Wednesday, February 3, 2021

You Can Get Back Up

 Tragedy- a stumble 

with no ability to get back up. 


No one's around to lend a hand, 

I find my own arms 

unable to pick you up. 


Helpless, I can only hand 

you the encouragement 

to get up on your own. 


It's heartbreaking how I wish 

I could do something to help 

you move the world. 


There are times when you fall, 

and no one can help you up. 


The strength must come from within yourself. 


The biggest tragedy is the limbo-state 

you find yourself stuck in. 

Questioning if you can feel normal once more. 


Hang in there, it takes time, it will get better. 


The only problem is, no one knows when, 

but if you keep at it, it will be okay. 


While I can't explain life and it's complexities. 

I can only explain me, how it's a miracle I'm alive. 

I don't know how to fix people, 

I only know how to speak to them. 


Be careful with your words 

because you don't know 

when your words could count the most. 


A simple hello can make a person's morning. 

At times, it's essential to tell someone, 

"You're not hopeless, you're not a tragedy."