Monday, February 1, 2021

It Can Only Break Me

 When Reality pricks at me, 

it's a needle to gather the blood 

modern medicine needs.


How much to keep me safe 

from mental illness and myself?


Take everything 

you need from me Reality.


Whatever it takes to bring me back 

to a home I can remember.


Home isn't what it once was, 

isn't safe, 

isn't what I remembered.


Home has become a place 

where my mind tricks me.


The loved side of me left, 

and fear is what's left.


Reality left me frantic, 

searching for answers 

to questions which don't exist.


Responsibility became my undertaking, 

the consequences are mine to take, 

no matter what they are.


Reality is a pill to take, 

to end the fear, 

to make me remember who to hold dear.


Reality could try its worst, 

but it couldn't break my heart, 

my relationships.