Friday, June 14, 2019

Who Cares?

Get the feeling you’re on the wrong planet?
Feel like a perpetual lost puppy?

I’ve been told I took the look a time or two. 
As someone who’s realized
I’ve been lost my entire life.

I know exactly where I’m at.

Somewhere drifting between
this question I ask myself, "Why am I here?"
And this other question
loves to riddle me,"How did I get here?"

As if it wasn't hard enough to exist
without needing a reason!

My mind seems to love giving me a hard time.
Perplexed by an odd anxiety
of feeling like I don't even exist.
I'm some strange vessel of a mind
asking itself useless questions.

Thinking. Thinking. Thinking.
Am I even thinking at all?

Oh boy!
Here comes another brick wall
of impossible answers.
And sometimes you have to say
something to yourself.

Well, I say several things.