Saturday, February 10, 2018

I Can’t Wrap My Head Around It

Will I ever understand,
how, in one’s mind,
extreme violence becomes
the only path worth taking?

I wish I could spend time talking
to the minds of those individuals.

Explain how valuable human life really is.

Even though the likelihood
of listening ears is very low.
As long as people are
and have been talking
about such sensitive issues.
There has been, and will always be
hope for a light to spark
above someone’s head.

A blink,
and hopefully the realization
that their current line of thinking
isn’t working anymore.

Aware that I’m a dreamer,
nearly everything I say is
far fetched. Incredibly out of touch
with what might be your reality.

Something inside of me still screams
about these being the only types of dreams
with the potential to save someone’s life someday.

I know it’s absurd,
to feel I have that kind of insight,
I believe we all do.
The kind which holds that
kind of power over another life.

Maybe it’s childish of me
to think that all some people
need is to hear that someone cares. . .

I care.

These words are true,
they have more power than
many other I’ve heard before.

When are we going to start talking
to the great big elephant in the room?

It always seems like that elephant is me,
I’m learning that’s not always the case.

Sometimes the elephant has got
the most elegant way of thinking,
speaking, living, and perceiving.

Too often, we gloss the elephant over,
complain and cry about it.

Ever thought about staying silent, and listening
to the elephant in your life for a change?