Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Amber’s Attempt

You had me at a loss,
in shock at your attempt
of escaping the madness
known as your life.

Too focused on my emotion
to even take you seriously.

Swallowing the placebo effect
just to teach you a lesson.

If that wasn’t how you wanted to see me.

My flawed logic said
you’d understand why I wouldn’t
want to see you in such a state.

I never hid it,
I explained it was a lie.
I was still, slightly heart broken.
My mistakes, my anger,
my frustration nearly
made me lose a friend.

I’m sorry,

I’m not sure I ever said it.

On occasion,
I think about
how sorry I really am.

I hope you’ve got the life
you’ve always wanted.
The dreams you never
thought could come true.
We both know the truth is-
I never deserved a friend
as good as you.

So many mistakes I’ve made
at the expense of others,
I’ve learned
one is enough
to take a life.

I’m finally on the verge
of having the ability
to let the guilt go
after all this time has gone
right by me.

So I say a prayer for those
who are the me I use to be,
and whoever it is
you’ve turned into today.

With the hope held that anyone else,
young, impressionable, and stupid.
Will grow the ability to make
better decisions than we ever did.