Tuesday, August 8, 2023

God Created The Flies

 I’m struggling to see

that the universe

is much bigger than me. 


What puzzles me and I

-is myself.


Thoughts of the creator,

who was never created,

but rather existed existentially.


Beyond our beliefs,

lies a thing we could

never understand-


The reach of God’s hand,

could we all be here standing

below his fingertips?


Who knows?


My understanding is earthly,

humanitarian as I try to imagine

what that hand looks like.


Or is it a hand at all?

Is it just a wafting presence,

a glow around us?


God Created The Flies,

and the worm that ate

at Apathetic Happiness.


He was a second of shade,

which withered into Death Wishes.


So be still the anger

of misunderstandings,

and spare this great city

from spiritual darkness.