Saturday, December 10, 2022

The Puppet’s Tale

Speak of regret-                              I am destruction on the corner.


Money meets my hands,

                                              my blackened heart steps

                                                                         on sidewalk cracks,

                                                breaking more than mothers backs.


I am broken with or without my sobriety.

                                                Tangled in a society who wants

                            nothing to do with me.


Sold death to the desperate, lined my pockets with the finest gold.

              Did my time on lies,                                           I was told.

     Twisted truths turn the wise into fools,

deceit’s on the edge to tempt us to lose.


Authoritarian eyes, unjust,                        given into monetary lust.

Welfare, well I care-                     climbing to the top of the ladder,

                                              I look down to see the world shatter.


Corruption tosses me about,        back-and-forth, sleep disruption.

Strings attached to horns                 appear as angel wings dancing about.