Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Stage Three, Wondering What's To Come?

Frequently I see my life

flicker before my eyes.


I can't seem to find a phase,

a place in the past to call a stage.


I realize, today and yesterday

are the only two stages I've been through in life.


The moment, the present, and the past,

have been both harsh and helpful.


How can I? How could I make myself more clear?


I'm swimming, barely breathing, coming up for air.

I take it in, let it go, take it in, let go of the past,

and at times- everyone in it.


Dead or alive,

I honor the memory of melancholy or peace.


It seems I'm secretly sad

-thinking of what I miss-

forever mourning memories,

acceptable or atrocious.


Trapped in the moment

unable to travel back through time,

or forward to the future.