Thursday, August 26, 2021

Let Us Stop Pretending

 I don't know who God is,

no matter how much I try.


I don't know of heaven or hell,

only earth.


My place is not to judge

a heathen or a believer.


As much as I try to understand what's beyond my reach,

my reach only extends to my fingertips.


Oh, how I'd love to tell you

I know each answer.


I only have opinions on the matter,

many questions of my own.

Some about suffering,

some about emptiness,

many about how to overcome your ailments.


So, I sit and pray for some answers,

but my prayers turn out to be deep sighs for humanity.

So much I can't understand,

I can't find the words to express my gratefulness,

or my hopes for humankind.


I get up off my knees and understand,

everything is out of my control.


I hear everything is in God's hands,

bothersome to believe.

I don't believe God acts this way,

I believe freewill kills His control.