Wednesday, May 8, 2019

An Internal Idea

It’s easy to give in to a push,
knees on the ground.
Within my anger,
a bit of evil slips inside my head.

I clenched my fist.
Then in my mind,
turned around
and aimed right at her jaw.

Well, how bloody a mess
my hand would've made.

Reality focused on my breath.
Sad, the confusion
of what I’d done to deserve this.

The truth taught me, I’m passive.
I slipped out, hid in the hall.
Leaned against a wall,
and slumped down
till my head hit my knees.

I couldn’t give in to my anger.
So I suffer from my own
mind games in one hand,
hopelessness in the other.

So long as the end's near,
it could be any day out of the blue.

I don’t need a push.
My days are numbered.
I won’t be here forever.

Life’s not long enough
to be a war with others,
if  I'm at war with myself.