Tuesday, April 30, 2019

What About We? What About You?

I am not insightful
I am spiteful
Trying to make a point
A lesson for myself to learn

I am not who you think I am
I am far from the splendid
I am spent,
loose change lying on the floor
I I I
I am selfish
Me me me

At least I admit it
Me does my best
I’ve done better with
Good better best,
But who’s good enough
 to be their very best?

Not I,
or is it me?

Guess you’ve got to be
better than the rest.

I never said I knew,
I just spouted nonsense
 you’d never understand.

Then I played by hand,
not ear,
I didn’t listen,
do you understand?

It was hard to hear
what you were saying,
so I stood and stared.

Instead of offering you advice
I offered you my hand.

How can I help?
Can I state the question clearly?
How can I do less harm, more good?

Stand back, space is required..
Think about this one for a little while.