Wednesday, September 5, 2018

This is a Poem About

Days like this
end in sleepless nights.

I sit in peaceful silence-
thinking,
"Hey, why do I exist again?"

Virtually good for nothing in this moment.
Stare at the ceiling, tap my foot-
feel trapped in my skin again.

Look to my side,
talk to myself,
take a deep breath again,
again and again. . .

God, how many of these will I have to take?
"Quite a few."
His sarcastic wise-crack's in the back
of my mind's imagination.

I laugh, but do wonder,
how many nights have you left in my eyes?
What will I need to see in my lifetime?
What's going to make me distant again?

Remove me from this place I want to be,
put me in for the greater good.
I'm a single step away
at any given moment.

The average person hearing this,
would think me, suicidal.
It's incorrect.
Yea, I'm done,
but I can't be the person
who decides to quit on everyone.

All I do is coast around this place,
in a constant state of confusion.
Asking myself why or how I got here.

Telling myself this can't be my fortune
and often giving so much of it away.
It doesn't belong to me,
I'm only renting this body-space,
I don't need, I want. . .

This can't be my life,
this can't be my home
as the moment hits me,
right in the face.

Yesterday hits me,
reminds me of my place.
In a time that no longer
has a trace, no stake in who I am,
anymore.

I have a question for you, Yesterday,
I'm just not sure what that question is yet.