Saturday, October 7, 2017

Do Something About It

You know, I haven't felt myself.
At least I'm willing to admit it.

Halfway between.

Fighting my anxieties,
and doing my best to stay sane
from one day to another. . .

In flood the thoughts of honesty,
exploding from my mouth. . .

So you hear, and agree-
but in my mind
I'm continuing to argue
with myself.

What did I expect?

At times it feels as if
I took a trip to crazy town.
So I beg to find a different perspective.
I know I'm not the only one
who sees the world a sad blue.

It isn't okay anymore.
While I live my life honestly,
and others commit crimes
in the name of protest...

Why am I the one suffering?
Compulsive thoughts.
The need to rip my hair
right out of my head.

Completely out of my control.

It's not right.
Not fair.
Life's not.

So I'm stuck feeling guilt
and sorrow for it's mistakes.

It's not right.
I have to sit on my kitchen floor.
Enthralled in tears,
unable to move.
With the fear of self infliction.

Not right.
Not when few that do deserve this
get off emotionally guilt free.