Wednesday, September 20, 2017

George in an Empty Nutshell

He sunk his claws deep within,
for a long time I could feel them
dragging, and buried in my skin.

Wherever did he go?
Nix me needing to know.
No I don't miss him so.

I'm done letting him use me as if
I'm a broken toy to pull spare parts from.

How many parts can he pull
until I become empty?

The worst part is that he filled me
with the broken parts of his own machine.

In the places I had;
happiness- he replaced with nervousness,
strength with crisis, trust with doubt,
peace with pain, love with fear and apathy. . .

And the list goes on and on.

It took a prodigy to lift those parts from me,
to apologize for the past.

Whatever it brought my way.

Even if blameless,
the prodigy choose to share
the good parts of itself with me.

We'd bare the burden of the bad with each other.

Fixing; worry with self-esteem,
disarray with deliverance, dread with faith,
trouble with security, angst and coldness with compassion.

I hope.

Maybe one day he'll find a prodigy of his own,
instead of stripping the fortune away from others.