Monday, June 13, 2016

What if I spoke my mind all the time?

When your thoughts decide to commentate,
your mind becomes a very hard place to concentrate
especially on any single conversation.

Mine has spoken of snide comments,
I have kept all to myself.

"Some thoughts should
stay silent," I said.
I stick to that word like glue,

despite my mind
speaking so loudly sometimes.
It's hard to even comprehend
the simplest of conversations.

In so few words I'm saying:
I am not a nice person in my mind
I interrupt a lot,
I'm incredibly conceited,
I'm possibly the worst person I know.

My heart is full of good intentions,
my way to say I'm sorry for me
is to always be kind
in my words and actions
despite the trails
my thoughts may take me on.

The anxiety I feel for my mind
speaking audibly out of turn is great,
because what I think isn't always what I feel
and the guilt that comes as a result of doing so
is a weight that makes me wonder.