About Me

My photo

I'm an open book here, and I have a lot to say, so I'll just say it.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

This Doesn't Even Scratch the Surface



It's relentless and unforgiving,
it steals your conscious mind
and leaves your life at risk.

There the demons left me;
in a living nightmare,
hearing voices,
talking to the air,
walking round and round
up and down
the darkest halls of my life
and not going anywhere at all.

I suppose I was searching for the will to live.

The chance to finally win the fight
to prove I could defeat the unreal influence
that had come over me and somehow shake
the frightening feelings of ending it all.

I
'll always fight them, that's just who I am.

I'll never let the destruction win
but if it ever takes me over again;

I pray to God to have the strength
to recall who I am,

and if my memory
doesn't seem to serve me,
know I went down giving all I had.

Know that I only left this life behind
because the choice wasn't mine to make,
the decision was made
by the relentless and unforgiving  
actions of an unfair mind.