Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lets Be Honest, No One Has a Perfectly Clear Mind.

I'm what I'm not sure is normal.
I think out loud when I think no one's around.

Sometimes it's hard to see improvement.

I use to bite my nails to a bloody mess
and chew on my pencils and pens to the point
where my braces would chip off of my teeth.

It took me a while, but I don't do that anymore.

So even though my mind still races
to think before anyone else
and I always tell myself,
"I gotta stay on top,
I HAVE to stay on top of things."

And in therapy I was told it was normal,
it was human to bite my nails,
or to think that I was insane,
to chew on plastic pens
until the end was smushed and gross looking.

So with the acceptance and peace of mind I was given
I was able to cut the bad habits from my diet.

You know, my mind still races,
but not as fast as it use to.
I'm never not thinking about something,
or someone, or some time in my life
when things weren't so perfect.

I still accept myself the way I am
because if I don't I'll never be able to grow.