About Me

My photo

I'm an open book here, and I have a lot to say, so I'll just say it.

Monday, June 24, 2013

What is This Weather For?

The stars are here
and the skies are clear
then the clouds rolled in
when April and I came;

I didn't mean to make you turn thunder,
I didn't mean to make you turn cold,
I didn't mean to change your season,
I didn't mean to swallow you whole.

I know I'm not just what you need.
I know I'm not just what you asked for,
a fifth season to add to your year.
I know you would be fine with that
if I didn't take days from the rest.

So every time I say I see this weather
you swear it's just one storm,
but I can tell by your change of heart
that it's me you're changing for.

I wish it wasn't so easy to
show you that you're wrong.

I'm sorry I'm not what you asked for,
I'm sorry I turned you thunder,
I'm sorry I turned you cold,
I'm sorry I gave you a new season,
I'm sorry I swallowed you whole.