Monday, February 13, 2017

Where Do We Begin?

A beautiful sight,
it may be,
but sleep too long and you'll see
the havoc it will play.

Toying with your mind to be,
nothing but a symphony
of fear and frustration
for not being able to move on
from this place I'm in.

It hovers over me,
above my chest,
like sirens in the night,
out to steal your soul ....

“I am your shipwreck,”
she says to me.

“forget ever trying
to see the shore again” she said
“because you are bound
to drown with me in agony.”

I'd like to be able to say,
that you don't have any
power over me Anxiety,

but she leaves me listless
crying like a baby,
"Oh how will I ever
be able to overcome this?"

But wait, I am not helpless,
I have some power over you too.

I can't stand here,
letting you drag me to drown,
while I’m so busy fighting the battles
going on in my own mind,
that I’m unable to see
a watery grave surrounding me.

There's always time to save yourself,
but sometimes the question needs to be asked.